Welcome to Mobile Aircraft Painters, INC.
As a technician having nine years experience with aircraft refinishing, I specialize in serving as a consultant to flight and maintenance departments, remaining with the aircraft through all necessary phases of finishing from preparation to completion. Through my experience I have found that some of the exacting specifications required in paint preparation are overlooked, leading to adhesion problems and shortening of the finish life. Working with your technicians I suggest and oversee detailed preparation procedures which, combined with proper application and finishing details, ensure a superior finished product.
With paramount importance placed on the maintenance and/or completion manual requirements unique to your aircraft model, the following items represent some of the key factors I ensure:
- All seam sealant is applied correctly to aerodynamic condition.
- Proper preparation to achieve a water-break surface with attention to the clad layer, applying Alumiprep and Alodine.
- Mask exterior in accordance with the GD paint drawing paying special attention to windows, pitot tubes, static ports, etc.
- Special attention is given to the use of corrosion preventative primers that allow
- rivets to expand and contract with the fuselage so that paint won‘t chip, loosen or crack.
- Sanding primer covers high rivets and is smooth.
- Techs pay special attention to ensure all access panels are sanded on the insides.
- Correct sandpaper grit is used to ensure surface adhesion of the polyurethane topcoat.
- Paint meets owner’s standards prior to stripes being laid out.
- Paints are applied according to the paint drawing and stripes are laid out and applied in accordance with the drawing.
- Runs, drips, orange peel and overspray will be redone, to avoid major wet sanding and buffing that would reduce the integrity of the paint.
- Proper application of FAA required placards and markings for a 135 operator, stencils and door borders.
- Aircraft will meet my specifications prior to customer acceptance.
If you have further questions about my services please do not hesitate to contact me at any time @ (860) 250-8351.
Michael R. Waite, President